Closures Planned Near Strip for New Year's Eve | Events
As New Year’s Eve approaches, the Nevada Department of Transportation is warning of its planned closures in the area of the Strip.
Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to celebrate in Las Vegas. NDOT is working with other agencies to restrict access on Las Vegas Boulevard from Sahara to Tropicana Avenues.
Below is the information for traffic control on New Year’s Eve, with closures from Interstate 15 to the Strip:
I-15 off-ramps will be closed at 4 p.m., Dec. 31, at the following eastbound exits:
- Spring Mountain Road
- Flamingo Road
- Tropicana Avenue
Ramp restrictions will be lifted between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m on January 1, or at the discretion of the Joint Operations Center in the Freeway Arterial System of Transportation.
Escalators at Tropicana and the Strip will be shut down from 2 p.m., Dec. 31 to 2 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 1. Visitors are encouraged to take the stairs or the elevators. Prior to midnight, all stairs and escalators will be barricaded and elevators will be stopped as bridge access will be restricted to pedestrians.
Additionally, vehicle access will be restricted at:
- Las Vegas Boulevard northbound at Mandalay Bay.
- Las Vegas Boulevard southbound at Sahara.
- Tropicana Avenue westbound at Koval Lane.
- Tropicana Avenue eastbound at Industrial/Dean Martin Drive
- Flamingo Road eastbound at Valley View.
- The right lane on Sahara eastbound at I-15 will have one lane closed to allow a dedicated turn lane from the off-ramp at I-15 northbound to Sahara eastbound.