NASCAR Week Starts in Las Vegas | Events
NASCAR week has started in Las Vegas. The cars do not actually start racing until Friday morning but events are planned for various sites around southern Nevada all week long.
The Las Vegas Strip will again be filled with NASCAR race cars and the 18-wheeler trucks that carry them. The Hauler Parade starts at 6 p.m. Thursday in front of the Fabulous Las Vegas sign at the southern end of the Strip.
There are promotions at several different bars and hotels, both on and off the Strip. The Stratosphere is again sponsoring pole day on Friday. It has special promotions for the week. The Riviera is holding a slot tournament with Kyle Busch that will benefit his charitable foundation.
Drivers will have autograph signing events throughout the week. All events are free and open to the public.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7
- Jennifer Jo Cobb – Lee's Discount Liquors, 4427 E. Sunset Rd., Henderson. 5-7 p.m.
THURSDAY, MARCH 8
- Eric McClure – Wal-Mart, 8060 W. Tropical Parkway. 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tony Stewart – Office Depot, 1435 W. Craig Rd. 1 p.m. Wristbands limited to 450 and may be obtained at the store beginning at 8 a.m. on March 8. Fans with wristbands must be in line no later than 1:30 p.m. to obtain an autograph.
- Kyle Busch – M&M’s World, 3785 Las Vegas Blvd. South. 4-6 p.m. Fans should call M&M’s World at (702) 736-7611 for details on obtaining wristbands prior to the appearance.
- Live SiriusXM broadcast with Clint Bowyer and Michael Waltrip at The Pub inside the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino. 5-7 p.m. Waltrip will sign autographs at 5:30 p.m., Bowyer at 6 p.m.
- Brendan Gaughan – South Point Hotel & Casino. 6-8 p.m.
- Greg Biffle – Team Ford, 5445 Drexel Road. 6 p.m.
- Question and answer with Jimmie Johnson - Suncoast Hotel & Casino showroom. 7-8 p.m. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. Event for the first 250 fans.
- Question and answer with Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Sam’s Town Live! Inside Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall. 7-8 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Fans can arrive early to submit questions to Earnhardt.
- Brad Keselowski – Dick’s Last Resort inside the Excalibur Hotel & Casino. 8 p.m.
- Jamie McMurray – Bass Pro Shops, 8200 Dean Martin Dr. 6 p.m.
FRIDAY, MARCH 9
- Danica Patrick and Cole Whitt - the Palms Casino Resort. 6-7 p.m. Fans should call the Palms for details on obtaining tickets prior to the appearance.
- Michael McDowell and Jason Bowles - The Pub inside the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino. 7 p.m.
- Bobby Labonte and team owner Brad Daugherty - The Pub inside the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino. 8 p.m.
- Regan Smith and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. - Roxy’s at Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall. 8-9 p.m.
- Kurt Busch, David Reutimann, Dave Blaney, Ken Schrader, Robert Richardson Jr., Scott Riggs, Eric McClure, Jennifer Jo Cobb and Johanna Long - the Riviera Hotel & Casino, 2901 Las Vegas Blvd. South. 8-9 p.m.
The ticket gates and Neon Garage open at 10 a.m. Friday. The cars officially get on the track Friday with Stratosphere Pole Day. The NASCAR Nationwide Series starts 2 p.m. Saturday with the annual Sam’s Town 300. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kobalt Tools 400 will start at noon Sunday.