Our network

Las Vegas Bellagio fire caused by faulty light |

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Las Vegas Bellagio fire caused by faulty light

The Bellagio fire on April 13 was accidental and caused by a faulty light fixture on an exterior wall, according to the Clark County Fire Department.

The roof of the retail section caught fire around 11 p.m. Thursday night. More than 70 firefighters fought the blaze.

The faulty fixture was on the exterior wall of the north retail wing of the building. It was about three-and-a half-feet below the roof line of the building.

"Despite strong winds that night, County firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and limit the damage to the exterior wall and roof," County Fire Chief Greg Cassell said. "While we never want to see an incident like this occur, it did demonstrate the extraordinary ability of the men and women of the Clark County Fire Department to keep our residents and visitors safe in an emergency."

No injuries were reported.

Damage to the building was estimated to be around $450,000.

The Strip Deals

The Strip Businesses